It’s not a race!
On 8th and 9th June 2019, help to open the Ultra Tour des Sources (UTDS) in the company of the EXTRATRAIL staff! A 360° sporting and human adventure, in the heart of the most beautiful landscapes in our region (Spa, Stoumont, Jalhay, Stavelot, Theux, Trois-Ponts & Malmedy) using this new permanent ultra-trail route located in the east of Belgium.
157 km and 4140 m elevation of marked routes to cover in stages, with sections ranging from 10 to 44 km from tourist office to tourist office, in the 7 communes that form part of the EXTRATRAIL network.
Just you, your running shoes and your friends for:
• the pleasure of walking or running in the company of people enthusiastic about the EXTRATRAIL concept.
• the curiosity of discovering or rediscovering an exceptional route through authentic and plentiful nature.
• the desire to take on a challenge and share real emotions.
Participation is 100% free.
General map :
Organise your adventure in 10 steps:
1. Choose your participation date (Saturday 8th and/or Sunday 9th June 2019).
2. Select the distance you want to cover (between 10 and 44 KM).
3. Consult the schedule to find out the departure time for your section.
4. Drive to the arrival point for the stage selected and park there for the duration of your trek.
5. Board the shuttle bus no later than the time indicated in the table below. The bus will take you to the departure point for your section.
6. Set off with the other runners and an EXTRATRAIL ambassador.
7. Chat, whistle, enjoy a picnic, take photos, listen to the birds singing and the sound of the streams.
8. Set off with the other runners and an EXTRATRAIL ambassador.
9. Reach the arrival point to celebrate your own victory and encourage the runners or walkers who are heading to the next section.
10. Return home to take a shower and recount your exploits. Don’t forget to post your photos and comments on our Facebook page!
Departure times and locations:
08.00 > Office du tourisme de Spa : Rue du Marché, 1 à 4900 Spa
11.00 > Syndicat d’initiative de Theux : Place du Perron à 4910 Theux
18.00 > Office du tourisme de Stoumont : Route de l’Amblève, 45 à 4987 Stoumont
21.00 > Syndicat d’initiative de Trois-Ponts : Avenue J. Lejeune, 11A à 4980 Trois-Ponts
08.00 > Office du tourisme de Stavelot : Cour de l’Abbaye, 1 à 4970 Stavelot
10.30 > Syndicat d’initiative de Malmedy : Place du Châtelet, 9 à 4960 Malmedy
16.30 > Office du tourisme de Jalhay : Place du marché, 242 à 4845 Sart-Lez-Spa
Need to know more about the route? The GPX file is available here.
• Read this information carefully as we cannot respond to any questions (this includes by email, phone, Facebook, Messenger, carrier pigeon and even less so by registered letter☺).
• The route is entirely marked. Just follow the EXTRATRAIL markers bearing the pink UTDS logo.
• You and you alone are responsible for your participation. EXTRATRAIL assumes no responsibility in the event of an incident or accident. In case of a minor injury or a cardiac arrest, the number is the same: 112.
• You choose your distance by considering your state of health and your personal abilities knowing that some sections are physically demanding.
• You take part independently (sufficient water, food, phone with charged battery and other equipment required for your comfort, protection and safety). We do not provide room service and no provisions are available along the sections.
• You never have priority when crossing the road.
• You must respect the environment by keeping any rubbish with you and you must help any participant in difficulty.
• In short, act according to the trail spirit..